A popular food delivery service has partnered with local Jackson restaurants to host a food drive for families in need this holiday season.
Waitr, an online ordering platform with delivery, delivery and dining options, announced on Tuesday that it was collecting non-perishable food from several restaurants in Jackson to help families cope with soaring prices. of food, according to a press release from the company.
Thanksgiving to Jackson:Need help with Thanksgiving dinners, desserts? Here are some restaurants that can help you
Those wishing to donate can stop by the following restaurants during regular business hours to drop food into donation bins during Christmas week.
- Aladdin Mediterranean Grill, 730 Lakeland Dr., Jackson
- Papito’s, 111 Colony Crossing Way Suite 1200, Madison
- Rooster’s 2906 N. State St. # 104, Jackson
- Basil’s Renaissance, 1000 Highland Colony Parkway, Ridgeland
- Basil’s Fondren, 2906 N. State St. Suite 104, Jackson
- Basil’s Downtown, 120 N. Congress St., Jackson
Customers who order food from the Waitr app or website, Waitapp.com, can make a monetary donation online. The service will send a code for future free delivery and match a portion of donations from all customers, according to the press release.
Some of the most needed items include protein such as canned tuna, dried or canned beans, soup and peanut butter, grains such as high fiber cereals, oatmeal, pasta and rice, canned fruits and vegetables, and bottled water.