Family attacked at fast food drive-thru in North Hollywood; The suspect made threats, used insults

0

An Asian-American family has been attacked at a fast food restaurant in North Hollywood.

The attacker was spotted in cellphone video using racial slurs and making threats to the family. FOX 11 spoke to the family, who say the attack that allegedly took place in mid-May 2022 left them battered and bruised.

“He started hurting my mother by physically choking and strangling her,” said Patricia Roque, one of the victims of the alleged attack. “He was about to hit her but luckily my mum deflected the blow, but it hit her chest instead of her face.”

According to the family, a man hit the family’s car from behind, pulled out of the drive-thru line and an argument broke out – going from a verbal attack to a physical attack by the man shown in the video of the cellphone.

The father had come from the family home to try to stop the attack, but was beaten with a broken rib and a sore arm, the family told FOX 11. The family says police investigating the incident was more concerned with the accident than the physical. the attack shown on camera or the racial slurs uttered.

“We are concerned that law enforcement has made no effort to apprehend and locate the accused. Based on social media, we have learned that he lives in North Hollywood. He is a neighbor of the victim “said Sandy Roxas, the family’s attorney. .

Roque said the family feels “discouraged by law enforcement.”

“We don’t want to back down from that,” Roque said.

FOX 11 learned that the suspect was cited and released following the incident. He was ordered to appear in court earlier in the month, but apparently did not show up.

In the aftermath of the May 2022 attack, the local community is hosting a rally to demand justice for the Roque family, to be held at noon Friday, June 17 outside the Van Nuys East location of LA County Superior Court, located at 6230 Sylmar Avenue.

Below is a copy of the press release from the event:

Share.

Comments are closed.