How long have you been using your primary email address? You use this to sign up for new accounts and personal correspondence. Think of the number of people and businesses that have this address – it could be thousands.
There are important messages that you need, and then there are some that you miss without much consequence. At the bottom of the barrel, there is junk mail. Want to put an end to it? Tap or click here to hide your primary email address.
We hope you take the above tips to heart, because your inbox is about to get more and more cluttered. The culprit is none other than the most popular online retailer on the planet. You’ll want to check this out if you’re an Amazon subscriber.
Here is the backstory
When you purchase something from Amazon, you may receive a few emails regarding the status of your order, such as processing, shipping, and delivery.
Now Amazon will start allowing sellers to email you about anything you buy. They may also send you messages about sales, special offers, new stock and items that may be of interest to you.
The retail juggernaut is calling the tool Tailor-made audiences, and it is currently in beta. Amazon plans to make it available to all sellers in early 2023. Sellers will only need to select their customer audience types and Amazon will take care of the rest by sending emails to those customers.
Before this new tool arrived, sellers could only send marketing emails through Amazon to customers who followed their brands on the site.
If your Amazon account is linked to your primary email address, it’s a good idea to get a new email address and use it only for your Amazon account.
RELATED: Political Emails Can Arrive in Your Inbox — How to Block What Your Junk Mail Folder Doesn’t Detect
Create a new email address
There are many options for free email accounts. We’ll show you how to do it with two popular services, starting with Gmail:
- You will need a Google Account to sign up for Gmail.
- Go to the Google account creation page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the requested information such as first name, last name, new username and new password, confirming each screen.
- You will need a phone number to verify your account. This is a great example of two-step verification. Tap or click here to learn more about this vital safety feature.
- Once you have verified your account, you will receive a form requesting personal information and a recovery email.
- Accept Google’s Terms of Service and you’ll have your new Gmail account.
Here’s how to set up a new Outlook email address:
- Open a web browser, navigate to the Outlook.com sign-up screen, and select Create an account for free.
- Enter a username and password, then select Next. Make sure to use a strong and unique password. A password manager can be of great help here.
- Enter personal information on the following screens, including your name and date of birth.
- Complete it CAPTCHA.
- You will get a welcome screen and you can now use your new email account.
Change your Amazon email address
Once you have a new email address, you need to add it to your Amazon account. Here’s how:
- Login to your Amazon account and go to Your account.
- Select Login and Security,
- Select Edit close to E-mail and enter your new email address.
- Faucet Continue to receive a one-time password sent to your new address.
- Enter the password in the Enter OTP field and select Continue.
- Enter your password and select Save changes.
You might also like
Messy inbox? Here’s the surefire way to keep your emails under control
This is why you need an email address for your home